- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb or 450 grams of cleaned shrimp
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Oil, for frying
- Mix Tender Fresh™ Flakes Coconut, flour, salt and pepper to make coconut mixture.
- Dip shrimp in egg, roll in coconut mixture and place coated shrimps in refrigerator between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet on medium heat to 325°F or 163°C.
- Add coated shrimp; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges or sweet and sour sauce, if desired.
- Serves 4