- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg (unbeaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats or oatmeal
- 1 1/3 cups Sweetened Coconut Flake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder, salt, baking soda and sift again.
- Cream butter or shortening, gradually add sugars and cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour mixture, oatmeal and Sweetened Coconut Flake and mix thoroughly
- Shape dough in small balls and place on ungreased baking sheet
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven immediately when done