Courtesy of Jessica Espinoza @ Delicious Obessions
- 2 pounds of chicken breast or thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tsp. granualted garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- cilantro, for serving
- lime, for serving
- Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and plave into crack pot.
- Dice your onion and carrots and add to chicken.
- Add diced chiles, chicken stock, garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, and black pepper to the crock pot.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, stir in your coconut milk or cream and the coconut flour. The coconut flour will help to thicken the soup just a bit.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a splash of lime juice.
- Serves: 6.