- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper taste
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped (if spiciness is desired)
- Make mango salsa: Stir together the chopped mango, chopped onion, red bell pepper, lime juice, lemon juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow to sit at least 30 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, sweetened flake coconut, cumin, curry powder, salt and black pepper together on a plate.
- In shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 1-tablespoon water.
- Place the remaining 1/3-cup flour on a second plate.
- Dredge the fish fillets first in the plain flour (shaking off excess), then in the egg mixture, and finely in the coconut mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat, then sautÈ the fillets until browned on both sides and cooked though on the inside, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve fillets warm, top with mango salsa and serve with rice.