- 2 pkg (400g) coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz (or 8 squares) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 163°C.
- Mix flake coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl and blend well.
- Add egg whites and almond extract; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto a greased and floured baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks and cool completely.
- Dip macaroons halfway into melted chocolate.
- Let stand at room temperature on wax paper-lined try for 30 minutes or until melted chocolate is firm.
- Makes about 3 dozen macaroons