- 8 tbsp butter
- 4 oz coconut sugar
- juice & finely grated rind of 1 small orange
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 oz carrots, grated
- 1 oz. walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 4.5 oz plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 10 oz soft cream cheese
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- grated rind of 1 large orange
- Preheated oven at 350°F
- Put 12 cupcake papers in a cupcake tray.
- Put the butter, coconut sugar and orange rind in a bowl, beating together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beat well after each addition.
- Add the walnuts and orange juice.
- Then sift in the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Using a metal spoon, fold into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, put the soft cream cheese, coconut sugar and orange rind in a bowl, beating together until well mixed.
- Once cupcakes are cold, swirl a little frosting on top of each using a round-bladed knife. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.