Courtesy of Hola Arepa in Minneapolis & www,cookieandkate.com
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small-to-medium red onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 4 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage (about ½ medium cabbage)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 5 large) or shredded carrots
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes or unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Taste, and add additional salt if necessary (I usually add another ¼ teaspoon). This salad is best served between 20 minutes to 3 hours after preparing, but it will keep for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.