- 1 1/3 cups flake coconut
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 porkchops, 1inch thick (around 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 204°C
- Mix coconut with breadcrumbs. Mix egg with salt and pepper. Dip pork chops in egg and coat with coconut breadcrumb mixture. Place in shallow baking pan; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, turn chops and bake for 20 minutes longer. Always cook pork thoroughly and ensure internal cooking temperature reaches 72°C or 160°F before eating.