- 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter (3.5 oz by weight)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. coconut butter
- 2 tsp. coconut flour
- Pinch of sea salt
Over low heat, melt together the cocoa butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan. Off heat, whisk in remaining ingredients. The honey will separate, because it’s like trying to mix together water and oil. So now put the mixture into the fridge for about 30 minutes or until pretty solid.
- Now put the saucepan back over low heat for just a FEW SECONDS. Remove from heat and try to stir it. Repeat as necessary until you have a thick but combined mixture. This is the key to getting the honey and oil to combine. Do not heat the mixture until it is super liquidy because then it will separate again. This all sounds very involved but I promise it is not. It will make sense when you have it in front of you.
- Alternatively, mix all the ingredients together and then blend with an emersion blender for 1 full minute until emulsified. Proceed to pour the mixture into the molds.
- Pour into molds and freeze or refrigerate until solid, at least a few hours. Keep in the fridge.
- Makes about 24 chocolate bites