- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup / 1 1/2 oz coconut flakes, well toasted
- 1 cup / 3 oz sliced almonds, well toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- big squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cut corn, sprinkle with a couple pinches of salt and stir well, you want all the corn to be coated.
- Cook for just a minute, until the corn loosens its raw edge, stir in half the thyme, and then transfer the corn to a large serving bowl.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, add most of the coconut flakes, most of the almonds, the rest of the thyme, red onions, and citrus juice.
- Stir well. Taste, season with more salt, to taste, and serve topped with the remaining coconut and almonds (and another splash of juice if needed!).