- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 9 eggs
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¾ cup sifted coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat or place jar in pan of warm water. (Note: coconut oil easily melts and will congeal as it cools)
- Add cocoa powder and coconut milk and mix together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in cocoa mixture.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into greased 8x8x2 or 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool and cover with frosting, (optional) of your choice.