- 6 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 oz rock salt
- 1/2 oz freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup Japanese Mitsukan vinegar
- 2 oz garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup ginger juice
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Mix together the salt & pepper & rub all over the ribs.
- Place the ribs in a clean plastic bag & let stand for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine together the ingredients of the marinade & puree until smooth, using a blender or a hand blender.
- Open the plastic bag & pour in the marinade. Tightly knot it again & marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take a wide casserole & arrange the ribs layer by layer, pouring the marinade over it.
- Slow Cook, covered over low fire until tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
- When fork tender, drain & strain the cooking juices into a saucepan & cover the pot with the meat.
- Add 3.5ozs of coconut sugar to the strained cooking juices & simmer for 10 minutes until the flavor has body. You may add water as you deem necessary.